Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Importance of Storytelling

Storytellers have played an integral role throughout the course of history, though their importance is often overlooked. As the picture above shows, I recently shared Scientology's creation story with my four room mates (who were, as you can tell, very enthralled with the tale). My telling and retelling of this story not only strengthens my understanding and memorization thereof, it also leaves an impression on my audience regarding a story they had likely never heard, or even considered before. It is by means of the Storyteller that we are able to fill the void between raw data and understanding. Such information must be presented in a way people both enjoy and understand. The Storyteller strives to share his tales in a way most memorable so as to achieve his ultimate goal: the recurrent sharing of his story with others by members of audiences past.

No comments:

Post a Comment